Saturday, August 16, 2008

When trials come

When trials come

We are singing my non- favorite song again tomorrow," Blessed Be Your Name". And again I am having difficuty with it. The pastor that gave a flip answer to me when I explained it was hard to sing before because I had had so many people taken away or left, has since lost his father and our dear Senior pastor lost his wife in a tragic accident. Now the song means something different to that pastor, I believe.

I still have to accept that God is in control and He is The only constant in our lives. Only He knows what He is doing. He is trying to draw us to Him through any way to bring us closer and more like His Son. To make us shine and show forth the face of His Son. (See Rom.8:29) He is coforming us into the image of His Son.

I have had different internal sins, thoughts that He has been cleaning up as I give them to Him- like resentment, unforgiveness, bitterness... I feel that weights are being lifted from me as I confess and give them to God. And many ways these things come up is through dealing with different trials as well as standing on the facts of His love for me.

We need to focus not on the trials or circumstances around us but on God and believe that somehow He will bring good out of the problems and heartaches. And since He is God, He knows so much more than us. We need to trust Him for His plans.

I do believe that God is with us always, especially in trials but I need to remind myself of that a lot, to focus on that fact of Him always being there and not to worry or despair.

He is there as He is working to see Himself reflected in us more completely. He is right there loving us close enough for us to feel His Presence with us. Even in the trials, we have comfort with Him there, cheering us on. As we have accepted Him, He is in us and working through us. So, even when people that are really important are taken away through death or through their walking away He is still there. That IS the most important thing.

...Just so you know: Things I write are always for my growth and for me to understand also. And trusting God has always been hard for me too. I write for my learning to trust always.

No comments: